Annual Northwest Florida Fly-In.
The Greater Pensacola Chamber joins with representatives from its neighboring counties – Bay, Walton, Okaloosa and Santa Rosa – to carry a regional message in support of the critical defense sector to our Congressional and Pentagon leaders by hosting the Annual Northwest Florida Defense Coalition Washington D.C. Fly-In every March in Arlington, Virginia.
The Northwest Florida Defense Coalition
Representing one of the largest military concentrations in America, the Northwest Florida military community is consolidated to support our National Security strategies by supporting and enhancing military installations and overall mission performance in the Florida panhandle.
Strategically located and critically positioned for Joint Operations, Research & Development, Test & Evaluation, and Training, the Northwest Florida military community is a truly unique collection of continuing global war on terrorism. With more than 35,000 uniformed military and a $10.1 billion defense-related GRP, Northwest Florida’s breadth and depth of the defense industry makes it one of the most influential military regions in the world.
As a vibrant region that shares common issues, goals and ideals, we are dedicated to strategically enhancing our installations by diversifying our economic development efforts. Building upon existing military missions and current defense industry infrastructure, our intent is to consolidate our strengths and commonalities, when applicable, to become one of the most viable and progressive regions in America.
Conducive to economic opportunity and compatible with military readiness, our overarching goal is to enhance Northwest Florida’s contribution to national defense and to connect our industry talent, experience and resources to make a difference on issues we have identified as critical to the long-term viability of the region.
– Communicate our alliance on defense related issues to congressional leadership.
– Leverage regional strengths to solve particular installation issues.
– Develop innovative methods for growing high-growth industry sectors that enhance mission performances.
– Communicate potential mutually beneficial outcomes to key decision makers that will strengthen the long-term viability of the Northwest Florida military community.
– Engage as “one” on critical issues that may disrupt our long term economic development plans and our longstanding relationship with our military.
For more information, contact Debi Graham at (850) 384-5459.